Shunyata Research uses its own top-quality copper conductors and a 100% coverage shield to isolates the critical "first few feet" outside electronics from the strong fields of radiated high frequency noise that can distort recordings and obscure detail in sound and video. The VENOM EXT is also extremely flexible and easy to place in even the most space-constrained areas and around any tight corner with ease -- which is a unique attribute in and of itself!
Please compare our power cables with the Component Selection Guide and Power Cord Comparison Chart.
Another first is the VENOM EXT 12 gauge, 20A capable current delivery - a molded power cord that can accommodate high-current loads with ease.
Pure OFC Copper Conductors
- Oxygen free copper
- Large 12 Gauge Conductors
Shunyata Designed Molded Connectors
- Solid Brass Contacts (not folded metal)
- Nickel Plating for Corrosion Protection
- Superior Contact Grip
- Crimped and soldered connections
- Designed using the Shunyata Research DTCD™ Analyzer
- Ensures maximum instantaneous current capacity
- Continuity and Polarity Tests - by two technicians
- HiPOT Tests for each cable
- Cable spools tested for insulation breakdown @ 4,000 VAC
This is a great cable to use when you need some extra length and don't want to go to the expense of making an expensive custom length power cord. It has great performance and is rated to carry a full 20 Amps of current.
- 6.4 feet (2.0M)
- Blue w/ white stripe
| CABLE DIAMETER
- 0.45 inches (11.4mm)
- OFC 12 AWG
- US P15 Molded
- US NEMA 5-15R (extension connector)
| MAXIMUM VOLTAGE
- Max Voltage (US): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
- Max Voltage (Asia): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
- Maximum Instantaneous Voltage: 1250 VAC
- Max continuous current: 20 Amps (connector dependent)
- Max instantaneous current: >200 Amps (800ms)
- Polarity and continuity tests x2 (each cable tested)
- HiPOT Test: 2,000 VAC @ 5s (each cable tested)
- Insulation Breakdown Test: >4,000 VAC @ 2 minutes