The CYCLOPS was designed using Shunyata Research’s DTCD® Analyzer to optimize instantaneous current delivery. There are no current breakers, fuses or surge protection which further streamlines its dedicated purpose to optimize the performance of the world’s finest amplifiers, projectors or two-component systems.
HYDRA CYCLOPS uses technologies and materials developed for Shunyata Research’s award-winning TRITON, including the exclusive and patented NICs™ noise reduction technology. If you have two or more dedicated lines, the CYCLOPS may be used to power the amplifiers while a TRITON v2 can be used to power all of the front-end equipment.
HYDRA CYCLOPS is primarily designed for very high current components like high power amplifiers and large video projectors. It may also be used for power line performance enhancement for simple audio systems that only have two components.
HYDRA CYCLOPS is never the limiting factor in performance since it can conduct current far beyond the capability of standard 15-20 Amp dedicated lines.
The CYCLOPS power cord that plugs into the AC wall outlet is critical to extracting the maximum performance from the CYCLOPS. This power cord should be at least the equal or better than any cord used to connect from the CYCLOPS to the amplifiers.
List of recommended power cords in order of descending performance and price:
⁃ ΞTRON® SIGMA HC
⁃ ΞTRON® ALPHA HC
⁃ VENOM HC
– Standard 20A Cord
Shelves & Platforms
All HYDRA models should be supported on a hard-surface shelf or platform — off of carpet and the floor. The use of high-performance spikes or cones or other relatively hard type material are recommended for best performance. The Shunyata SSF (stainless steel feet) are a significant upgrade for a reasonable price often outperforming some very expensive footers.
If there is only a single component to connect you may want to consider the VENOM AMP-1. It includes the Gemini Module that provides surge protection and noise reduction.
– Max Voltage (US): 125VAC unregulated
– Max Voltage (Asia): 230VAC unregulated
– Max Voltage (Euro): 240VAC unregulated
– US Version: NEMA 5-20R
– AS Version: NEMA 5-20R
– EU Version: EU1-16R (No V2 Available)
– Max continuous current: 20 Amps (US)
– Max continuous current: 16 Amps (EU, AU, UK)
– Peak instantaneous current: >200 Amps @ 800ms
NOTE: The Cyclops requires a power cord with a
C19 connector which is not included with the product.
NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY
– NIC™ (Noise Isolation Chambers)
– Gemini Surge/Noise Module (only US and AS)
WIRING / BUSS SYSTEM
– Dual OFE 12-Gauge Conductors (US/AS)
– Dual 3.3 mm2 OFE Wire
– OFE C10100 Copper
– Shunyata’s Computer-controlled Cryogenic Process
OVER CURRENT PROTECTION
– 16 Gauge Powder Coated Steel Chassis
– Stainless Steel Top Faceplate
– Vibration Dampening (chassis)
– AC Outlet Dampening Gaskets
– Shunyata’s Isolation Footer
– Width: 9.50 inches (24.1 cm)
– Depth: 13.5 inches (34.3 cm)
– Height: 4.00 inches (10.2 cm)
– Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)